There has never been a better time to expand and/or upgrade your SuccessMaker software.
Students love learning on a computer! As a SuccessMaker school you know that SuccessMaker takes full advantage of that
interest and engagement with technology to teach core skills individually to students, and provide a clever and comprehensive aide for the classroom teacher. SuccessMaker can be used in a variety of ways; including a lab, and on workstations in the classroom where it
can be used daily as part of the classroom routine.
We have exceptional news for you!
Expand - We will expand the number of licences you already have in your school at a very special discounted rate
(purchase Literacy and get Maths and Science free of charge)
If you expand by 3 or more we will also give you the same number of licences free for one year!
(no obligation to purchase)
Upgrade - Want to upgrade to a later version of SuccessMaker?
We can also give you a very special discounted rate to upgrade to the next version of SuccessMaker!
Just contact Viv to discuss your needs and options, and to obtain a quote. For funding suggestions go to Funding Suggestions
09 489 6400 email@example.com
To see great feedback from SuccessMaker schools and great student progress go to Success Stories
We have provided you with some SuccessMaker Facts below, followed by some Key Points for the BOT which may be helpful to you and your team. We may even be able to help you with funding solutions that would suit your school! Go to Funding Suggestions
SuccessMaker is research based intelligent software tool for teachers that has been specifically designed to identify the ongoing learning needs of each individual, adaptively teach to that need and report progress and next steps in plain language to teachers, students, management, parents and other interested parties. Progress reports supply teachers with easily accessed data to inform their own planning and intervention in the classroom.
SuccessMaker's clever software will, according to best practice, teach reading, writing, spelling, ESOL, maths and science to as many Y1-13 under performing and accelerate Y1-8 students as you wish, for as long as you wish. Either on its own, or teamed with other established programmes such as Reading Recovery (Primary) or Learning Support for older students, it will make a significant difference in delivering great outcomes for students and teachers in a cost effective manner. On average, students make one months gain for every hour on the programme, and many make much more for every hour. It is developed by Pearson Education, the largest and most trusted supplier of quality education in the world. SuccessMaker teaches within the philosophy and requirements of the NZ
A Comprehensive Digital Curriculum for Teaching and Learning.
Some Key Points for the BOT
If students cannot read and do basic computation then they will be unable to independently follow their hobbies, dreams and employment aspirations. The challenge for schools is to have all students reading at least to age.
SuccessMaker allows teachers, and Boards in their governance role, to be sure:
* That resource investments made are sustainable, and are equitable for all students
* That their school is making the best possible use of its resources, especially in the areas of Literacy and Numeracy
* That their school is using their considerable investment in computers, to raise student achievement, particularly in the core skills of reading, writing, spelling and maths - and also in ESOL and science
* That teaching will be individualised according to the needs of each student and will continue to adapt to each learners requirements as they go forward at their own pace
* That their school is taking full advantage of our digital native students’ interest and engagement whilst learning individually and at their own pace, on a computer
* That their programme sits well within the framework of the NZ Curriculum, Key Competencies, National Standards and NCEA - see
Sample Reading Objectives for an example of how the SuccessMaker objectives correlate with those of the NZ Curriculum Level 2 and National Standards to the end of Year 4 - the correlation is consistent for Curriculum Level 3 and 4 and National Standards to the end of Year 6 and 8.
* That they know where students are in their learning, where they need to be and how they are going to get there
* That student progress is able to be accurately reported in plain language, with next steps to all interested parties e.g. ministry, school leaders, teachers, parents and students
* That teachers have the ability to spend more time in targeted teaching than gaining data from which to teach
* That they can make the very best use of teacher aides in their school
* That they are caring employers doing everything in their power to reduce the workload and stress levels of their teachers, without affecting the quality of the teaching and learning
SuccessMaker teaches according to best practice, and sits snugly within our NZ Ministry requirements
* Students make very significant progress using the system - as reported by Ministry and asTTle research - as well as internationally. AsTTle has also noted the programme’s very significant success in teaching boys and Maori/Polynesian
* Schools report that results from asTTle correlate with SuccessMaker levels, and there is a high positive correlation between reading ages as tested by Probe running records and SuccessMaker
* It’s the only single comprehensive resource in literacy and numeracy that has been designed specifically to cater for all students with a variety of needs from special needs to accelerate
* It will allow every student to have a second chance at learning, and will support the development of independence in learning
* It will work alongside or instead of Reading Recovery to make sure schools can make the best use of its 6 year net results to pick up those not up to where we would like them to be as soon as possible - and there are no restrictions on who goes on for how long
* It is invaluable in Learning Support for students in Y1 - Y13, Alternative Education, adult students, teen parents etc.
* Some Financial Considerations for BOT
* It is sustainable as it is purchased only once and significant funding will not have to found every year to continue its use
* It is extremely cost effective when considered in the context of forward planning, and will remain in the community for many years to come
* A teacher in your school gives you 1,000 contact teaching hours in a year. SuccessMaker is a tool which will give the same number of support hours per licence e.g. 1 licence will give you at least 1,000 hours per year, 5 licences will give 5,000 + hours per year
* It will still be there for your teachers and students if the finances of the school change in the future, rolls drop, a teacher is lost etc.
* If schools employ another teacher aide they will be paying around $20,000 per year - whereas SuccessMaker is bought once and will be available for use on an on-going basis for many years to come
* For funding suggestions go to Senior Management and Board of Trustees
* SuccessMaker licences are concurrent which means that they can be used on any computer on your network. This means that they
can be employed in the classroom as another learning station, or students can be withdrawn to another space
* Students only need a few sessions per week to make excellent gains. Younger students can have 15-20 minute sessions whereas older students may have 25-30 minutes per session
* Students can be targeted according to need and school organisation. They may have a term where they use the programme every day, or may use less per week for longer periods.
* We work with you to find what works well for you - we supply you with implementation guides, extensive training and comprehensive support to make sure you get the very best from SuccessMaker for your whole school community
Please contact us as soon as possible to discuss your options. Contact Us
We are keen to help you take this opportunity to expand and/or upgrade your current SuccessMaker licences so you can take advantage of the discounted prices on offer.